How to give your skin a little love after a long day on the beach or in the water!
- Drink water. If you stay hydrated from the start, your skin will thank you later! Recover from the inside out!
- Aloe vera. If you feel a bit burned, apply a thin layer of chilled aloe vera to help inflammation and pain.
- Tea. Green and chamomile tea have great anti-inflammatory properties. Make it iced, and set aside a little bit to put on a soft cloth to use as a cold compress.
- Be gentle. Avoid bringing anything rough to your skin, such as exfoliators and essential oils. They only cause further irritation and redness!
- Refresh. Try using a botanical face mist to revitalize your skin. Some, such as this one, are specifically made for post-sun skin.
- Snack on melon. It’s rich in antioxidants and hydrates your entire body! Try it chilled with lime juice.